Sunday, February 19, 2012

10 years ago

10 years ago, Emma was six months old and I had to return to work.  I was soo upset because I would have loved to be able to stay at home with her, and be a stay at home mum.  I remember the first time we took her to Daycare, I dropped her off, she cried her eyes out and I came home and cried my eyes out.  I called the Daycare but she was doing just fine, my heart was sooo sore and I felt soo bad, but we trying to save to buy our first house so I had to go back to work.

This fortnight's challenge over at Challenge me Happy is "10 years ago", so this layout is pretty special because I want Emma to know that I really didn't want to go back to work, but had to.  I was very lucky to be able to work school hours, which still gave me time with the girls in the afternoon, especially for Abigail who didn't have to go to Aftercare anymore either, so in the long run it was all good.


I still cannot believe Emma is 10 this year, and Abigail will be 17 (WOW) I feel sooo old now, I have to say I am extremely fortunate to have such wonderful girls whom I love dearly.

Here is a little close up of the journalling
 
Products used:- Simple stories 100 days paper - Endless Summer, MME Dilly Dally Best Checkered Paper, Vines, Crate Paper Farmhouse Cupboard PP, Black Bazzill

It's been quite a busy scrappy weekend, as I am busy with some page kits to sell at the Scrappin Patch Spring Retreat in March, so I will leave you with a couple of sneak peeks of some of pages....






Anyway that's all for now, Happy Scrapping and TFL

4 comments:

  1. Those sneak peaks are looking cool Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! I love your mix of patterned papers and how you backed it all with black. It just pops right off the page! Loved reading your story...the babies do grow up so fast :( Thanks for playing with us at CMH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout! Love the black matting, very striking! Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy style!! This is a great layout with all the color and the distressed edging! Thanks for playing with us at CMH!!

    ReplyDelete