Monday, March 17, 2014

Unique Laser Designs



Unique Laser Designs is a new company in California creating gorgeous laser-cut craft items, made from paper and card stock, wood thins and MDF. All wood items come to you in the natural, unpainted state - perfect for letting your creative talents shine.

Look at some of the product i received to create with.  They can custom design any items you want as well.



I started with the DF KATIE frame, which I painted in black and let me tell you the paint went on so smoothly, normally if you are painting chipboard it doesn't absorb very well and takes a little while to dry, but this absorbs straight away and you don't have to use alot of paint either, it just glides on.  

I decided to make a shadow box frame using the backside of a 6x6 canvas, so I painted the canvas in black as well.




Once it dried, I placed a little photo in the inside of the frame and stuck it down with double sided tape and then placed a 5x5 piece of transperancy over the top and then placed the DF Katie frame down over it.  I used little foam pop dots to adhere the Frame down to give it a little height.


and here is the final product, so pleased with the frame




I can honestly say the product is really well designed and very durable, thick but not tooo thick and really reasonable in price as well.  Hope on over to the web page to check out some of the designs and they are added to daily with new designs.

I'll be back later on in the week with another project to share.

TFL & Happy Scrapping
Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment