Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A gift of love

It's under two month's till Christmas and I wanted to share a little 8x8 canvas of my niece for my mother for Christmas.

Dot Graph
Feathers

The three products I have used, are the gorgeous feathers in chipboard as opposed to MDF, the MDF Dot Graph and the little tile with the word "smile" engraved on it from the Brick Wall pattern - again in chipboard.

I covered the canvas with gesso and then applied some texture paste with a mask.  Once dried I used Cotton Candy Tim Holtz distress stain over the masked area.

For the Dot Grid and Feather I used my White Prima Chalk Ink directly on them and dried with the heat gun.   For the feather I then applied some gel medium and applied some white sugar dust on top.  It has come out so beautiful and shiny.  I just love the white on the feather it looks awesome.


Here is a close of the Dot Grid which I slipped underneath the photo 


A nice simply canvas which is a beautiful gift of love, perfect for a Christmas present.  I hope I have inspired you to create some wonderful gifts.

Happy Scrapping


No comments:

Post a Comment